Community Forums > General > Announcements > Unrating of The Conquerors: Custom Scenario ladder

Unrating of The Conquerors: Custom Scenario ladder

+[UB]Elusive

Grup: Server Yöneticisi
Katılım Tarihi: 18/06/2007
Gönderiler:7072
Düzenlendi11/06/2010 - 22:13 tarafından +[UB]Elusive
Ratings have been a constant controversy for this community and have existed before Voobly was even launched. Over time, the ratings have caused players to worry too much about the rating aspects, such as losing points, and subsequently caused a lot of players to cheat and stop playing a variety of maps that they used to really enjoy.

Also, with the introduction of NAT traversal, many new players are starting to play on Voobly, but are having a very hard time as every game they join they get called a smurf and kicked since they have zero games played. This is likely attributable to the unnecessary obsession with ratings. Without new players, this game will not be able to see the future, so it's important that we respect them and help them get started at Voobly.

In a decision to surely upset some, and to be the delight of others, Voobly has decided to hide ratings for most players on the custom scenario ladder. We needed a good way to keep ratings for those who really really cared about them, but one that would still allow these changes to be effective and beneficial to the community. Therefore, we left ratings visible for premium members only. If you would like to see your rating, the cost of a silver membership is around the price of two sandwiches at subway.

The website is currently showing the ratings but they will be shortly hidden. This decision is by no means intended to be final. You can view it more as an experiment. We'll re-evaluate in the coming weeks whether we like the new approach, want to reverse course, or try something else.

We appreciate everyone's support in this matter. While you might strongly like ratings, and this decision may sadden you, I think over time it'll chose to be the correct decision as it'll increase the number of users in the community and the variety of maps that will be played.

For those that have been asking for ratings to be off for years now is your time to show that this is a good idea. If player usage doesn't go up then ratings will be coming back. So time to tell your friends and convince them to come on Voobly
Bağlantı | Yanıt | Alıntı
 [NaBs]Nick

Grup: Standart Üyelik
Katılım Tarihi: 13/03/2008
Gönderiler:168
Gönderildi 11/06/2010 - 06:57
I think you should also consider unrating the age of kings lobby, this might attract the masses of aokers back from the other client to voobly.
 +[UB]Elusive

Gönderildi 11/06/2010 - 07:11
[NaBs]Nick wrote:
I think you should also consider unrating the age of kings lobby, this might attract the masses of aokers back from the other client to voobly.

Done.
 [PK]_Clown94

Katılım Tarihi: 10/07/2007
Gönderiler:37
Gönderildi 11/06/2010 - 07:22
I am cool with this change, but will it be possible to use the ignore feature to block an unlimited ****s from entering one's games as a non-paying member? I understand encouraging newbies, but at the same time, I want to play games with people that have graduated out of AoC kindergarden - that is, people that don't have a nut growing out of their head.
 [ViCiouS]Shpongled

Katılım Tarihi: 10/03/2010
Gönderiler:232
Gönderildi 11/06/2010 - 07:25
thanks elusive. u have finally seen the light
 MaviMarmara

Katılım Tarihi: 08/06/2010
Gönderiler:1
Gönderildi 11/06/2010 - 07:29
Thanks
 ScourgeOfGod

Katılım Tarihi: 03/06/2010
Gönderiler:5
Gönderildi 11/06/2010 - 07:35
Voobly (CS) is committing suicide
 [_FS_]LiCkMyToFu

Katılım Tarihi: 21/06/2008
Gönderiler:337
Düzenlendi11/06/2010 - 07:50 tarafından [_FS_]LiCkMyToFu
I liked it as it is right now. I guess we shall see if others will like it or not..
 +[UB]Elusive

Gönderildi 11/06/2010 - 07:48
Voobly (CS) is committing suicide

Lets see what people think in a month. CS has been like this for a long time long time and it hasn't been working.
 _NeRo_

Katılım Tarihi: 08/09/2007
Gönderiler:2
Gönderildi 11/06/2010 - 08:24
thats sux......O_o
 Overshield

Katılım Tarihi: 22/03/2010
Gönderiler:8
Gönderildi 11/06/2010 - 08:30
You just have committed suicide for CS, ratings were meant to keep players away from my games, I dont need to be winning 4vs1 on cba, it makes it boring and paying for having my rating shown sounds more like a revenue income to me...you could had just said that.
 Evil_Flores

Katılım Tarihi: 25/04/2008
Gönderiler:33
Gönderildi 11/06/2010 - 08:38
but now I have to pay for see my rated :(
 DrSnake

Katılım Tarihi: 23/06/2007
Gönderiler:2128
Düzenlendi11/06/2010 - 09:44 tarafından DrSnake
Revenue income? This has been a controversy about CS for years. The reasons are clearly stated why this change happened. If this was for revenue we would hide ratings from all games. Give it some time and I hope you like the change. :)
 [InDuS]_NuTTy_

Katılım Tarihi: 26/06/2007
Gönderiler:21
Gönderildi 11/06/2010 - 08:45
Ratings is a big motivation for me to keep playing... ofcourse it becomes a point of cheating for some.
Instead of just making it a premium item (only for paid users) and making others feel low abt it.. u shld have just closed the rating...
 Faster123

Katılım Tarihi: 15/10/2009
Gönderiler:1
Gönderildi 11/06/2010 - 08:51
thats suck ! if is not rated then we can play for ip! is the same
**** for me

[1]23456789101112
1 15 arasından ilk 176 - 0 görüntüleniyor
Foruma Git:
4 Kullanıcı(lar) Bu sayfaya bakıyor (30 dakika içinde)
1 üye, 3 ziyaretçi
Yahoo