Age Of Empires Lord of The Rings mod

king_vanthom

Gönderildi 15/09/2011 - 22:52
I would if i could rambit however the mod doesnt change the .dat file instead it changes the graphics.drs and interfac.drs and switches around the projectile graphics and the unit graphics, so you could make your own custom dat and add it to the mod if that would help. All those files for the graphics are the ones in the download already.
Bağlantı | Yanıt | Alıntı
 king_vanthom

Gönderildi 15/09/2011 - 22:58
Sorry I would if I could Rambit, the only problem is it doesn't edit the .dat or language files it simply changes the graphics and interfac files and just switches the graphics around for the projectiles the mod itself does not even include a .dat file so that if wanted someone could add one to make custom stats for the units.
 Rambit

Gönderildi 15/09/2011 - 23:02
What? These people put all that time into making all those nice graphics and never even bothered to rename them or make the stats make sense?
 king_vanthom

Gönderildi 16/09/2011 - 00:26
wow i thought i posted the first one, but it went on the next page lol. Yeah i know what your thinking kinda sucks for anyone wanting to use the graphics, I dont think they thought of it for anyone else just only for their purpose you could try downloading the mod and see if you could take parts of it and make sense of it perhaps just extract the .slps and see if you can use them?
 Rambit

Gönderildi 16/09/2011 - 01:02
Quote:
wow i thought i posted the first one, but it went on the next page lol. Yeah i know what your thinking kinda sucks for anyone wanting to use the graphics, I dont think they thought of it for anyone else just only for their purpose you could try downloading the mod and see if you could take parts of it and make sense of it perhaps just extract the .slps and see if you can use them?
I really don't think you do. I can use the graphics from it just fine, but I would like to see the units in action with the correct stats and names so I can see them in action properly. For example, the ranged war elephant that replaces war wagon still has the war wagon bolt projectile while the archer on the elephant is clearly shooting arrows. It makes zero sense that there are no data or language files to go with this mod, surely they would exist.
 king_vanthom

Gönderildi 16/09/2011 - 02:19
To be honest I cannot be 100% sure what they did however I am aware that the files used for the mod are
graphics.drs
graphics.drs.bak
interfac.drs
interfa.drs.bak
that is taken exactly from the folder used on voobly games which is working for everyone using it. I sent you a private message showing the original source without the voobly installer version I made, perhaps that will help.
 [Wuw]DarkJesper

Gönderildi 18/09/2011 - 18:50
seems cool...i will play on it................thanks;angel ;angel ;angel ;angel
 gooddevil

Gönderildi 20/12/2011 - 03:32
do you have to have aoc to play this

Rambit

Gönderildi 20/12/2011 - 20:43
Yes, you do.
 ralph13

Gönderildi 02/01/2012 - 13:24
will it still work if you have age of empires 2 age of chivalry
 BF_Basse

Gönderildi 02/01/2012 - 13:27
ralph13 wrote:
will it still work if you have age of empires 2 age of chivalry

It might overwrite the chivalry files or cause errors, unless you make a new installation folder and install the LotR mod in the new folder
 [ A ]HiTmAnX

Gönderildi 03/01/2012 - 12:01
;thumbup ;afro
 MarcusAgrippa

Gönderildi 06/09/2012 - 08:42
Old news is old. The Lotr community knows of this, and i think someone is already making a map using this, but it's never really been implemented and we won't change our Lotr maps to fit this. But i suppose it could be used for other things.

Oh kudos for pointing out how 'old' this news is. No really, thank you so much for your invaluable efforts in keeping news fresh around the place. Just the other day I was marvelling at the almost unnaturally clean and up-to-date style of news that is viewable on Voobly. Many an hour I pondered on this question, trying to understand how such a noble task could be so dilligently handled and executed.

Well now I know. It's you champ, it's you. And we all need to thank the good lord almighty for foreseeing that this issue may one day arise and sending you down to us to fight the good fight.

Are you really that arrogant? Just because YOU know about it and maybe your geeky little friends know about it, how about the other 6 billion people on the planet eh?

Or do you need to already be in this LOTR Community to be interested in this kind of thing?

You know if we take away all the bull**** in your post it leaves the last part which on it's own reads "But I suppose it could be used for other things". Well no ****. Stick a ****ing axe up my **** and call me Gimli, a mod that can be used for things. You have a sharp mind there champ.

How about next time you see something like this and feel the need to put on your big boy pants and let the whole world know how much you have already seen things, maybe instead of posting you could just consider going and ****ing yourself.

[ AB ]YouR_MasteR

Gönderildi 14/10/2012 - 12:08
;flowers thx
 [s1L3nT]DEUS

Gönderildi 22/11/2012 - 23:03
looks good... i would like to play it

1[2]3
16 30 arasından ilk 32 - 0 görüntüleniyor
Foruma Git:
1 Kullanıcı(lar) Bu sayfaya bakıyor (30 dakika içinde)
0 üye, 1 ziyaretçi

What's popular right now: