Gönderildi 10/12/2018 - 11:30
A couple of programs that have helped me:
Leatrix latency fix
[You must login to view link] tcp optimizer
Bağlantı | Yanıt | Alıntı
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Gönderildi 11/12/2018 - 17:23
Please make sure UPNP is still disabled.

What is your native desktop resolution? Are you using more than one monitor? Have you tried playing the game at a lower resolution?

Do you experience the lag right from the beginning of the game or is it towards mid game?Network lags if any will affect the game from the start whereas frame rate lags will usually creep in when your system is low on resources (aka your frame rate drops critically low). So the first step here is to isolate the problem cause.

If the port checker Kitt mentioned earlier says your port is open, then you more likely have an open port and we can rule out the possibility of a blocked port. I would suggest you run a speedtest on [You must login to view link] before you start your game (just to be sure) and then keep a ping window running (throughout a test game) to track for packet losses.

Also while in game you could use Alt f5 to check your frame rate. If this number is consistently low(below 15), then it's probably a frame rate lag.

P.S: Also try to play some 1v1 games to see if you still have the lag.
 [ai_]Silver_Blaze

Gönderildi 11/12/2018 - 17:49
Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions. My computer's resolution is 1902 x 1080, same is for the game, single monitor. I used to play on lower resolution, but I had lag. Speedtest shows ~40 Mbps upload/download. Lag exists throughout the game. It seems that not just me, but everyone I play with experiences lag, but I think they experience somewhat less lag- I can see from their micro.

Yesterday, I borrowed a WiFi amplifier and connected to it using a cable. I saw a reduction in lag in 3 out of 4 games I played, they were 4v4 games. It reduced from 2-3 sec to 1.5 sec lag. With the cable, speedtest shows ~80 Mbps upload/download. So WiFi could be the problem -maybe the connection is intermittent even though speeds are good?

Also, which server you want me to ping in the ping window?

Thanks
 [ai_]Silver_Blaze

Gönderildi 12/12/2018 - 04:48
So the ping statistic with my router while playing the game is here:
Packets: Sent = 2517, Received = 2516, Lost = 1 (0% loss),
Minimum = 1ms, Maximum = 409ms, Average = 4ms
This is with the WiFi extender I am using.
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Gönderildi 12/12/2018 - 14:38
keep a ping window running for voobly.com before you start your game and check for packet loss after the game is over.

With a speed of 40 MBPS (wired or wireless) you shouldn't have a problem. Try playing 1v1 games and make sure the player you are playing with does not have a fast proxy warning (yellow exclamation next to his nick) in your game room.

Also play a game in single player mode from within voobly too see if you still have the lag.

Do keep in mind that your online games will never be as fast as your offline game would.
 Groundwalker

Gönderildi 14/12/2018 - 00:16
Have you set up a static IP?
 [ai_]Silver_Blaze

Gönderildi 14/12/2018 - 22:37
@+sunny@voobly
I never get fp warning, since I began forwarded port 16000, none of the players I play with see the warning. But lag is there. And nobody knows who is causing it. Happens in nearly every game.

My statistic for voobly.com while playing a 4v4 game is
Minimum = 4ms, Maximum = 751ms, Average = 24ms

@Groundwalker
I don't have static IP. But i always check by logging into the router that port 16000 is forwarded for my IP address. I have experimented this with before. If the port is forwarded for wrong IP, I get lag warning.

Groundwalker

Gönderildi 14/12/2018 - 23:50
You should set up a static IP very easy with most routers.
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Gönderildi 15/12/2018 - 08:04
My purpose of asking you to run the ping was not to check the round-trip average time but to see how many data packets you are loosing in that transit period. Keep a ping window running again and check for packet loss count/ percentage at the end. Anything other than a reply from an ip can be considered as a packet loss (example: destination host unreachable or request timed out messages).

So here's what I want you to do again.

Start a 1v1 game on Voobly. Make sure the player you are playing with is not fp to you. Before you start the game keep a ping window running and check for packet loss and percentage at the end of the game. Then repeat the whole process with another game with another player and post the loss percentages in here. If possible attach the entire ping logs too (as a text file) for both the games.
 [ai_]Silver_Blaze

Gönderildi 16/12/2018 - 19:49
Okay. I did that for 2 1v1 games. Here is the statistic. There were no packets lost in the 2nd game and it was lag-free. First game had lag but it was tolerable. And the log files attached, ( it is partial, cmd window didn't show the previous lines.) Looks like games with more players have more lag.

game 1
Ping statistics for 104.31.14.185:
Packets: Sent = 1419, Received = 1417, Lost = 2 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 22ms, Maximum = 612ms, Average = 32ms

game 2
Ping statistics for 104.31.14.185:
Packets: Sent = 2130, Received = 2130, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 20ms, Maximum = 372ms, Average = 31ms
Eklentiler:
log.txt (dosya boyutu: 15.28 KB)
log2.txt (dosya boyutu: 15.31 KB)
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Düzenlendi18/12/2018 - 15:38 tarafından +sunny@voobly
Your ping stats are fine.

Multiplayer games will not be as responsive as your offline games. A minor amount of lag is normal. If you were able to play lag free in 1v1 game then you more likely have nothing to worry about.

When playing 3v3 or 4v4 games, do make sure that none of the players are fp to each other. If a single player does not have a direct connection to one or more players, everyone will share the lag.

Just to make sure you don't have a problem on your side, keep the ping window running for every game you play (for a few days). That way you can be sure if its you who is lagging or if its one of the other guys you are playing with. In a peer to peer connection (such as your game on Voobly), if one player has a slow connection, everyone will share the same fate. As a general rule if all 8 players in a 4v4 game have a direct connection to each other, there should be minimal to no lag at all.
 [ai_]Silver_Blaze

Düzenlendi19/12/2018 - 00:14 tarafından [ai_]Silver_Blaze
Okay. Thank you very much!
 EpiC_Anonymous

Düzenlendi19/12/2018 - 23:55 tarafından EpiC_Anonymous
Hello,
Maybe a stupid question but I had personal issues with this before and rather recently actually, are you sure its not a pc based lag and not your connection at all? when in a game a online game try a atl tab
(ask players to let you do this, as alt + tab might result in the game horribly lagging so pause it and ask. it will lag a couple of seconds after starting again. )
and look at how much of oyur computer processer is being used, how much processing power? ideally I personally like it lower than around 60%. Also though you may have mentioned this what is your graphics card? if its NVidia go to the control panel for NVIDIA, Nvidia Settings I think it is, and make sure you are using the graphics card for it not a intel hd or something like that, even though you may make the NVidia card priority global by default, for some application and games it will not do this unless you manually tell it to do this by adding the .exe of the game, voobly is one of these programs. I had that issue, after doing so it helped a lot for clearing things up for me. I had to add voobly.exe and empiresx.exe and empires.exe (first game)
Maybe that might help, just a thought if your still having any issues!

Respectfully,

EpiC
 [ai_]Silver_Blaze

Gönderildi 25/12/2018 - 05:04
Hello EpiC_Anonymous,

I checked my CPU usage. Its like 50%. So that's not the issue. I have intel's inbuilt graphics card. My problem is pretty much resolved since I got a WiFi amplifier in my room. 1v1 games are pretty much lag free. With more players, there is a lag but usually tolerable.

Thanks

1[2]3
16 30 arasından ilk 31 - 0 görüntüleniyor
Foruma Git:
2 Kullanıcı(lar) Bu sayfaya bakıyor (30 dakika içinde)
0 üye, 2 ziyaretçi

Lo más popular ahora:
AoKTS updates (58 usuarios)
CBA PathBlood 1.8.0 (57 usuarios)
1.6 reward campaing (55 usuarios)
Word Association (54 usuarios)
CBA HERO v18 (16 usuarios)