Massive lag for 2v2 3v3 4v4 games

XZIKX

Gönderildi 13/10/2017 - 23:18
Well fighter i went and got a used windiws 7 laptop to try it out and i got the lag on that. I noticed though that the very first couple of games were smooth and as soon as the firewall asks for permission to allow direct play and aoc the lag starts. So i went back to using win 10 but this time ive disabled direct play on firewall and the lag stopped. I think thats where our problem is, direct play. We have directx version 12, direct play on firewall may be causing a conflict with the newer version. Our problems are down to windows update and voobly not patching it up fast enough maybe. So far im able to play, its not perfect but in multiplayer you also get other players who lag or who don’t know they are lagging. Try disabeling directplay in your firewall see what happens. If you have another pc play a game vs yourself and see if lags and try different fixes. Im 90% sure its direct play thats causing the lag
Bağlantı | Yanıt | Alıntı
 fighter4life

Gönderildi 16/10/2017 - 21:10
Hi XZIKX,
I tried to disable direct play but I could not find it in the firewall menu. I did find the version 12 of directx installed but it does not have the option to disable. Mind explaining how you did it? I googled but couldn't find anything helpful.
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Gönderildi 17/10/2017 - 22:13
Hi guys,

While we appreciate players trying to assist other players in tech forums, if you are seeking a resolution yourself for a problem, it's best to create a new thread.

Back to the OP:

The game requires directx and the version of directx is decided by the operating system itself. Since you are using windows 10, it most likely will be version 12. The news here is that the version of your directx has no impact on your game play.

From what you have explained so far, it appears to be a hardware lag (as opposed to a network issue). This need not necessarily imply poor hardware. Firewall can also be a crucial factor at times. I would therefore recommend the following:

Start the game in single player mode from within Voobly and check for frame rates (Alt F5). The number after the first comma (,) is your frame rate. Higher the frame rate, lesser the lag. Usually lag free games will have 60+ frames per sec or 60fps. If this number is below 30, or frequently drops below this threshold, then you can be sure you have a hardware issue (aka your machine is not capable of handling the load).

If the frame rate is normal, you should then run a test on a full fledged 4v4 game and check for frame rate again. You are more likely to see a dip here. 4v4 games are more taxing and therefore your GPU (if you have one) will try to compensate the demand by lowering the performance (i.e. by dropping the frame rate).

If you have narrowed down the problem to be the above, then there is not much to be done except switching to your dedicated GPU (if you have one and aren't using it yet) or tweaking it to meet your requirements. Systems that do not have a dedicated GPU will use the on board RAM as buffer instead. This means you should consider closing all other apps when running the game on Voobly (including apps running in the background) so that you have enough free memory whilst in game.

If frame rate is optimal and you are still lagging, I would suggest uninstalling your firewall and antivirus program (for testing) and see if it makes a difference. You can reinstall them after you are done testing. Thereafter, it may be a good idea to add Voobly and the game to your application exception list (if you haven't already).

Good luck
 XZIKX

Düzenlendi18/10/2017 - 10:45 tarafından XZIKX
Hi fighter, I looked in firewall advanced settings and on the INBOUND rules you should see aoc tcp udp, under it should be microsoft direct play, I disabeled that and didnt delete it because if you do it will re install itself again by asking you to permit it, i merely disabeled it by right clicking on it (tcp and udp), which to the os will show as installed but will cause directx 12 to take over which is where I suspect the conflict is occuring. I’ve been lag free for a week after trying every fix available. On the game ill post you my settings when i have the time. Thats an easy troubleshoot for you worth trying. Sorry to hijack the thread sunny but he’s having the exact same problems I was im just trying to help him out. If you leave microsoft direct play enabeled on your firewall I suspect its conflicting with directx 12 on win 10, directx 12 can run aoc in multiplayer gaming. I uninstalled 3rd paty antivirus which may also have its own firewall and then it gets complicated. Win 10 has defender which is equal to an antivirus. I also disable windows update in in services (important) keep it simple and just follow these steps

1. Uninstall 3rd party anti virus (reboot)
2. Disable windows update through services, update manually on a daily basis then disable again
3. Disable Microsoft Direct Play in win firewall advanced settings (tcp/udp) forcing your pc to use windows directx 12 and will post you exact game settings on voobly. I have the hd version not 100% about the cd version but should be similar if the lag is being caused by by a compatibility conflict between directx 9 and directx 12
4. My game settings on voobly that are checked:
a) Resolution tool: force desktop resolution in game, Disable resolution warning, command bar position:user patch
b) DirectX: start in windows mode, advanced features: Lock cursor inside game window
c) Windows compatibility: Disable display scaling on high dpi settings, Run as admin

Once again admins im sorry to butt in but his problems are so similar to mine its worth him trying these simple fixes and this is coming from someone whos uninstalled OS and game several times and tried every fix that was recommended
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Düzenlendi18/10/2017 - 13:09 tarafından +sunny@voobly
There is no such thing as a Microsoft directplay and a windows directplay. Your firewall may branch the results differently but there is just one version on your system. Furthermore as I mentioned above, the version of directplay has no impact at all on your game play. While directx 12 brings about significant improvements over the prior versions it is up to the OS to decide what should be the version of Directx as a part of your windows update.

Your antivirus/ firewall/ antimalware applications may be blocking access to your game and/ or ports which can also cause lags. This is why I suggested a complete uninstall of your security app. Once you have affirmed that the issue is related to your security app, you can then proceed to add exceptions and or add specific outgoing exception rules within your app to allow full access to the game and Voobly.

Last but not the least if your security apps are blocking access to Voobly and/ or the game itself, you will have trouble connecting to the players possibly even fp to some players.

I still suspect this is a frame rate issue since you did mention that you have no problems connecting to players in your game room and have good ping values from all. So long story short, stick to my prior suggestion.

Good luck
 fighter4life

Gönderildi 20/10/2017 - 14:15
Hi sunny, apologies for hijacking the thread.
I have tried doing what you suggested but to no avail. My fps in 4v4 is 58-62 and is absolutely smooth even in large battles and high pop. I already mentioned this at the very start of this thread and said that I am sure there is no hardware issue. I have also added the exception to firewall (windows defender) but still no difference. :(
XZIKX: Hey thaks again for your assistance. I could only find Microsoft direct helper, is this the one you taking about?
 XZIKX

Düzenlendi20/10/2017 - 18:30 tarafından XZIKX
Hi fighter, in your search box type firewall advanced settings and you should find it there in the OUTBOUND rules( you will find aoc and voobly there as well) microsoft direct play helper, just disable it do not delete it, you can always enable it whenever you want by right clicking on it. Another option is reset firewall rules and when launching multiplayer games you will be asked to allow these programs through your firewall, allow public and private through then follow the steps above to disable direct play helper. It worked for me. Messenger me on voobly when youre online and we can troubleshoot
 fighter4life

Gönderildi 10/11/2017 - 17:29
Update: Finally managed to FIX the lag!

Apparently the lag was occurring due to the update of NVIDIA Geforce graphics card which still has issues with directx 12. So I changed the settings to use the local intel graphics card instead of NVIDIA to run the game and it's running smooth as ever.

Hopefully this will help out others having similar issues.
 Troy

Gönderildi 19/11/2017 - 14:19
Great it's fixed!

Thread is now closed. :)

1[2]
16 24 arasından ilk 24 - 0 görüntüleniyor
Foruma Git:
3 Kullanıcı(lar) Bu sayfaya bakıyor (30 dakika içinde)
0 üye, 3 ziyaretçi