AoC freezes when game starts

lord_cuda

Düzenlendi18/09/2017 - 20:45 tarafından lord_cuda
Hi,

I bought AoE2 HD via steam and now I am trying to get it running on my Ubuntu with voobly.
I followed the guides: AoC on voobly in linux (complete guide) and KB1054 Clean installation of Aoe2HD with compatibility patch.
It has been quite successful, so I was able to install voobly without any issues. Then I copied my aoe2 folder from my windows machine to ubuntu. voobly recognizes the game and I manually installed the compatibility patch.
I can create a lobby and launch the game. It is also possible to change the settings in the multiplayer screen (e.g., map, civs etc.). However, as soon as I start the game, i.e. when I see my TC in the middle, everything freezes. Cannot move the mouse or anything.

Do you have an idea how to fix this? Thank you!

Ubuntu 16.04
Nvidia GTX 1050Ti with drivers 375.74
wine-2.16 (Staging)
Voobly 2.2.5.57
Compatibility Patch V5
Bağlantı | Yanıt | Alıntı
 kitt

Gönderildi 19/09/2017 - 01:32
hi
does it run ok independantly of voobly?
 lord_cuda

Gönderildi 19/09/2017 - 10:03
Hi,
in fact, it doesn't. When try to run the game without voobly, I get the error that the steam client is not running. Is it necessary to install steam via wine to run AoE2 HD with voobly on Linux?
 kitt

Gönderildi 19/09/2017 - 17:43
hi
i would assume so but no expert with regards to your set up
 lord_cuda

Gönderildi 19/09/2017 - 21:58
Hi,
now I have Steam installed, and AoE2 HD via Steam works perfectly. However, if I try to play via Voobly, I still get the same error.
 kitt

Gönderildi 19/09/2017 - 23:51
hi
see if you can get it to run ok,off of voobly/steam. you may have some application event error logs which may help.
you may think about starting again from scratch. steam, patch etc.
 lord_cuda

Gönderildi 26/09/2017 - 14:11
Hi,
it turned out that there is an issue with the ai. I was able to start a game with another player. So we can consider this problem as solved, since that is all I need :)
 kitt

Gönderildi 26/09/2017 - 23:28
hi
ok

[1]
1 8 arasından ilk 8 - 0 görüntüleniyor
Foruma Git:
1 Kullanıcı(lar) Bu sayfaya bakıyor (30 dakika içinde)
0 üye, 1 ziyaretçi

What's popular right now: