Community Forums > Voobly General > General Discussion / Off Topic > Trouble getting voobly/aoe2 to work on linux

Trouble getting voobly/aoe2 to work on linux

Uptick

Düzenlendi18/04/2017 - 18:56 tarafından Uptick
system: arch linux
installed: wine-staging, wine-mono, wine_gecko, winetricks

*creating the win32 bit enviornment
setting WINPREFIX to .win32_aoe2
WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=~/.win32_aoe2 winecfg

*installed both games from the executable files from iso
WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=~/.win32_aoe2 wine /home/therue/Flint/ageofempires/ageofkings/AOESETUP.EXE
WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=~/.win32_aoe2 wine /home/therue/Flint/ageofempires/theconquerors/AOCSETUP.EXE

they both installed perfectly, but after I installed each one and pressed play, they ask me to insert a cd though. is this normal?
i need to run voobly and have it automatically patch the game up right? the UserPatch and the 1.4rc patch?

*here i installed voobly
WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=~/.win32_aoe2 wine /home/therue/Flint/ageofempires/voobly-v2.2.5.10.exe

*here i installed winetricks directplay and also corefonts just to be safe
WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=~/.win32_aoe2 winetricks directplay corefonts

However, i got a question regarding arch's wine-staging though. At wine-staging's wiki page it says the following:
"On most distributions the wine-staging package is installed to /opt/wine-staging, such that multiple Wine versions can be installed in parallel. If this is the case for your distribution, you will have to type /opt/wine-staging/bin/wine instead of just wine."

but i don't see /opt/wine-staging/bin/wine in my filesystem, all i see is /usr/bin/wine so on my archlinux when i installed wine-staging, the /usr/bin/wine that i got from installing wine-staging seems to be what i need here right?

this is the default script from: Your text to link here...
#!/bin/bash
export STAGING_WRITECOPY=1 &&
cd /home/kary/.wine/dosdevices/c:/Program\ Files/Voobly/ &&
/opt/wine-staging/bin/wine voobly.exe

here is my modified script but it doesn't seem to work though, it did launch voobly, but as soon as i clicked the new player ladder everything just freezes.

#!bin/bash
export WINEARCH=win32
export WINPREFIX=~/.win32_aoe2
export STAGING_WRITECOPY=1 &&
cd /home/therue/.win32_aoe2/dosdevices/c:/Program\ Files/Voobly/ &&
/usr/bin/wine voobly.exe

^-- i saved the above script as [You must login to view link] and made it executable with chmod +x and launched via the command sh [You must login to view link]
it successfully launched voobly and i was able to sign in and was shown the game browser. However, as soon as I click the new player ladder the pop up window with the loading icon starts spinning and then everything freezes beforeI even see the actual ladder.

Did i not have the script set up correctly?
Bağlantı | Yanıt | Alıntı
 Uptick

Düzenlendi18/04/2017 - 20:13 tarafından Uptick
right after i entered my user/password, the browser style window pops up (right window) with the ladder/game selection on the right hand side as shown here:
You must login into Voobly to view image

now, after that I either immediately get a pop up error message as shown here:

other times i have enough time to click on the new player ladder on the right side which pops up another tiny window showing that it's loading and downloading.. but at that time i either get the error message described above or everything just freezes.

here are some of the pics i snapped of my terminal as the program is running:

* by the way, when i WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=~/.win32_aoe2 winecfg to configure the enviornment
i checked the Emulate a Virtual Desktop option and set the resolution to 1920x1080 like so:

not sure if this has anything to do it or not but i saw someone doing this on youtube
 Uptick

Gönderildi 19/04/2017 - 15:28
got it working.
was a bit confusing at first 'cuz of wine+linux and on top of taht i'm using tiling wm, but seems to be working now.

_Tzilacatzin_

Düzenlendi13/02/2018 - 23:51 tarafından _Tzilacatzin_
Hello, how exactly did you manage to get it working? I had some similar problem but the voobly browser freezes instead.... any sugestion?

[1]
1 4 arasından ilk 4 - 0 görüntüleniyor
Foruma Git:
1 Kullanıcı(lar) Bu sayfaya bakıyor (30 dakika içinde)
0 üye, 1 ziyaretçi

현재 가장 인기있는 포스트들: