Community Forums > Voobly Community > Age of Empires II: The Conquerors > Random Map > "99 TREES" New concept Map to 'fix' closed maps&reward team synergy

"99 TREES" New concept Map to 'fix' closed maps&reward team synergy

joonas

Düzenlendi07/09/2016 - 21:12 tarafından joonas
"99 TREES"
To be played on fast speed and picking civ's
You must login into Voobly to view image

I always wanted to make this map to respond to the fact that most/all maps have too many resources:so Most players predictably attack early and wasteful. Usually, if you play defensive, you will win, if you just counter siege by never ending stream of 1000s of hussars (farms are very efficient).
Yet it may take 3:00-6:00h (in-game time) for your opponent to run out of resources... Thus defending could also be considered "camping" by those who prefer a shorter game.
  • Example: On a map with 200,000 wood per player, you could make up to ~150,000 Hussars BEFORE spending any Gold. This map has only 99 trees per player, but that is still enough to make up to ~7500 Hussars in a 4vs4 (through tributes&civ bonuses) or ~500 in a 1vs1.)

'Purpose (/The only map i know of yet, that...
[1) ...Leverages resource efficiency/sustainability: Limited resources will make you spend them more selectively than in other games, you will not research everything. Yet compared to random map games the only thing disabled is creating trade carts / cogs
[2) ...Encourages more&earlier team cooperation. You always rely on team cooperation, here it is just more obvious than on other map. Split economy (Teutons do farms, Maya take wood & stone. and discuss buy/sell (Saracens buy/sell for you by proxy)
And [3) ...makes attacking more dangerous: To attack fast/rush, you will need to sell wood, which you wont get back and letting the other Team buy wood cheap will fire back at you.

Gameplay
Civilizations:

Tribute/"Pocket": Teutons (farms) /Maya (+25%)
Attack: Mongols/Byzantines
Saracens (should buy/sell for others by proxy)
Teambonus: Chinese (farms +45), Aztecs or spanish (trade/relic gold)
  • Farms are very efficienct but you can't lose any other ressources besides food. So make mostly/only hussars(/light cavalary)
  • Don't sell any wood! Rather lose time than wood! (,stone, gold).
  • While most Civilizations need to stop farming earlier on this map, Teutons can keep sending food to the team profitably until the wood price is 220 (or up to 300 with Chinese teambonus and Saracens selling). ( - Efficiency is everything (Teutons/Maya/Saracens) - opposite of DM Arabia (spending all gold in the first minute)

Colors must be: Team1 vs Team2
blue(,green,teal,grey) vs red(,yellow,purple,orange)

Further Hints:
  • To save wood, don't use mill's queue to renew farms before researching any farm efficiency.
  • Teutons/maya can keep farming until wood price 200. Other need to stop earlier.
  • Yet, first teutons could build farms for everyone.. (hypothetically, practically difficult) possible)
  • Maya should take most wood/stone and pay tribute.
  • (As a team, consider to store all relics in only one save place, instead of fortifying multiple spots. This may decide the game.)

(The full size Picture below: [You must login to view link] is of earlier version)
Eklentiler:
NOTHING HILLS 3v3 canal.scx (dosya boyutu: 21.32 KB)
NOTHING HILLS 2v2 canal.scx (dosya boyutu: 19.24 KB)
NOTHING HILLS 1v1 canal.scx (dosya boyutu: 17.09 KB)
NOTHING HILLS 4v4 canal.scx (dosya boyutu: 23.53 KB)
MAP014.jpg (dosya boyutu: 2.52 MB)

Bağlantı | Yanıt | Alıntı
 joonas

Düzenlendi03/02/2016 - 04:43 tarafından joonas
If you like the idea, please open some game rooms with it, so people in the lobbies notice it
Yet it takes a while to find 6 or 8 players for a new map.
If you add/message me then will notify you once a game starts.

-Previous version attached (it had a bit "too much" wood still. - Try it if you want to practice/change the usual game play less)

Eklentiler:
NOTHING HILLS 1v1 more resources.scx (dosya boyutu: 13.95 KB)
NOTHING HILLS 3v3 more resources.scx (dosya boyutu: 20.44 KB)
NOTHING HILLS 2v2 more resources.scx (dosya boyutu: 19.25 KB)
NOTHING HILLS 4v4 more resources.scx (dosya boyutu: 23.36 KB)
 joonas

Düzenlendi02/02/2016 - 20:22 tarafından joonas
Border to the other team:

- short walls mod recommended!
http://www.voobly.com/gamemods/mod/587/Short-Walls (to see better between the layers.)

Since you got 'a scout' stronger than a knight (joan of arc) this border can be crossed in dark age if the team works together. (1v1 version has more palisades and less stone.)

joonas

Düzenlendi31/03/2016 - 19:42 tarafından joonas
First team game just happened!:)
Map the screenshot in the end:
[You must login to view link]

Below you find the recording!
Probably watch chosing the view-lock on 'noob1x1'!

(Watching recordings makes me wonder again: do i use semicolon;
to write to my team exclusively rather than * to speak to all?)

Eklentiler:
rec.20151210-020944.mgz (dosya boyutu: 1.77 MB)
 joonas

Düzenlendi02/02/2016 - 20:48 tarafından joonas
Another game: 1vs1, efficient vs efficient (maya vs teutons).
So this 1v1 was prone to take a while (almost 2:00 game time at my low rate skills)
- Fine for demo tho too:
http://www.voobly.com/match/view/13402435

-( if you use monks put hotkeys ctrl+1,2,3...9 on them to convert simultaneously)

- Red could have made more farms in imperial age.
(Maya can profitably sell food & buy wood , until the wood price is about 185)
 joonas

Düzenlendi02/02/2016 - 20:44 tarafından joonas
I added a thin canal/river
- So ships and ship bonuses become applicable, yet spanish cannon galleons wont be too powerful.

(and with canal you can attack through transport-ships in feudal age, without the opponents noticing wall destruction)

if you dont like the canel, the previous version is attached below
Eklentiler:
NOTHING HILLS 2v2.scx (dosya boyutu: 17.51 KB)
NOTHING HILLS 3v3.scx (dosya boyutu: 19.53 KB)
NOTHING HILLS 1v1.scx (dosya boyutu: 13.25 KB)
NOTHING HILLS 4v4.scx (dosya boyutu: 21.86 KB)
 joonas

Düzenlendi12/06/2016 - 03:08 tarafından joonas
just formated the text a bit, after 4000 clicks on the topic. Anyone 4v4 soon?
 joonas

Düzenlendi07/09/2016 - 21:08 tarafından joonas
@voobly, maybe i shouldnt have posted here and this can be moved to a maps subforum?
(i know it is technically a scenario but practically it is more of a map, can make a map file too still)

thanks
 [LyF]JimmY

Gönderildi 03/01/2017 - 17:08
Underrated post

[1]
1 9 arasından ilk 9 - 0 görüntüleniyor
Foruma Git:
1 Kullanıcı(lar) Bu sayfaya bakıyor (30 dakika içinde)
0 üye, 1 ziyaretçi

What's popular right now: