RCB Gold 2013 v4

_Ox_Weapon_xO_

Gönderildi 18/04/2013 - 03:10
[Eot_]DJ wrote:
Says a player that doesn't know anything. I used to be a RCB'er back in the GSA/IGZ days when RCB was still a fun map. Now is getting worse everyday ;)

Oh yeah? What map did you play back then? I guarantee it's fundamentally similar to gold.
Bağlantı | Yanıt | Alıntı
 RIP_Da_BeAsT

Gönderildi 18/04/2013 - 03:10
i dont want to go back to 2011 map...now you have less chances of getting ****ed up civ wise...everything is fine in 2013v3 except probably tamerlanes are too powerful...its absolutely perfect for ffa...dont forget this map is not intended for 1v1 games.

you don't wanna go back to 2011 because 2013 is designed for noobs no offence but it is
 _Ox_Weapon_xO_

Gönderildi 18/04/2013 - 03:11
you don't wanna go back to 2011 because 2013 is designed for noobs no offence but it is

Again. if the map is easier to win then it should be harder to win. See how that works? If something is more balanced (i.e. easier) it turns out harder because of said evenness. =P
 RIP_Da_BeAsT

Gönderildi 18/04/2013 - 05:11
not at all but it takes speed completely out the map which is vital in rcb and has been since rcb was created its like taking the hill out of smosh and having everyone power up on there own hill is a different map
 RIP_Da_BeAsT

Gönderildi 18/04/2013 - 05:19
not to be rude but look at all the great players who have stopped playing the map because of this (including myself who holds the top rate for rcb) im just saying your losing more than your gaining listening to a bunch of noobs and attempting to create your own style of map idk why it has to be remodeled why cant it just be little fixes like cba or hero and not a revamp of the whole map into something you like...
 _Ox_Weapon_xO_

Düzenlendi18/04/2013 - 06:48 tarafından _Ox_Weapon_xO_
Like I said. The only macro thing that is no longer there is the archer selection. You still need to be quick with spawn units, garrisoning the archers, ...

I remade the map because I was told all of the RCB editing over the years may have left defects on the map which map promote crashing. Also, ice may cause lag that may cause crashing... there are various benefits towards the remake of the whole thing and I'm not going to list them all again since I have before. A couple more: room behind spawn to boat anyone across map and bigger bottom store so p1 being able to buy a castle faster than p8 (like in 2011) is no longer an issue.

Map is still challenging and practically the same.
 ComBoT

Düzenlendi18/04/2013 - 12:10 tarafından ComBoT
Uh, i don't get why this is moving to a rate thing, maybe you think since you have an high rate then you got more right to talk?? I don't think so, rate means **** in this map....as you said most of good players stopped playing this so what's the point in showing your high rate ? ;)

Anyway "if the map is easier is harder to win"...what you are saying have sense but good players will complain about this since the big stack between us to the bottom is highly decreased, and we ask to ourself "why we have improved that much if it's useless??" ofc the difference is still there since macro/micro make the game, but still i prefer paladins to archers of eye. You said i saw no1 getting it so i made a change.....well i'm playing again after 2 years and dunno how but when i used to play this (2011) pallies were used alot...

I don't get what's the problem into resetting the tiny store since, as you can see, the people complaying for it aren't few...and the people that want it are composed by just you since no1 came to defend that change...you should listen to the people will in my opinion....
 [sT]thunderbird

Gönderildi 18/04/2013 - 14:53
whatever you say savage...i am not the noob i was once before..you dont like theos and williams but you are forgetting you still need 9 and 11 kings in good time to get there which is not easy and probably coz the 10th doesnt contain it which you guys used to probably play on gsa..
the only valid problem is archers of eyes being autospwanned which should be fixed since a lot of people asked for it.
i am also against a lot of changes which gives free kings to people and i dont see them being incoorporated into the new version.
eot_alex shouldn't even be commenting on this thread...he makes the dumbest posts on voobly and is in the same league as that hassan guy.
and i invite all the experts to come play with the regular player and help make the map better.
 ['RB']nhoobish

Gönderildi 18/04/2013 - 15:10
Same thing is happening when 2010 v3 was replaced with 2011 v2. Just to note.
 RIP_Da_BeAsT

Gönderildi 18/04/2013 - 18:43
no it wasn't 2011 was a great change instead of henry wars and you mistaking me for mack I like the theos and henrys I hate the invincible bbt the auto archer and the kahn should come with a set hp and attack instead of powering off house and bird I know your not a noob u been playing the map for while

@ rodry im not tryin to make it about rating I should of worded it differently it was meant for a n example of good players not liking the map
 _Ox_Weapon_xO_

Gönderildi 18/04/2013 - 18:49
I'll make it so archers don't auto spawn since it seems the majority is for that. Bombards will stay undead though; that balance needs to be there. I'll probably reduce the timer back down to 90 secs though so there will be more speed involved.
 ComBoT

Gönderildi 18/04/2013 - 19:27
well, just reset the tiny store...or make it in a way that resembles the past1...where you could actually choose what you wanted to buy...

About the bbt..actually at my first impression that was bad, but i realized that in ffa games that isn't so bad...bcuz if i get a bad civ compared the oppo next to me/to others civ in game...it actually make the game balanced, in some way. But in teams...like 2vs2, 2vs2vs2..vs2 or 3vs3 or 4vs4....it is really bad!!! You should remove since it change the balance for Teams game...where the speed is recuired, i also might say that is like playing a 1vs1....change it plz!!!! 30 secs will be good but better remove it...
 SaV_Coach

Gönderildi 18/04/2013 - 20:56
What I dont understand is why do you feel the need to "balance" the map. The edits to the map have made rambit a completely different map from how it started. It took skill the get enough kills and razes to get a hero that you would then fight with to win the game. Now people all buy vills and pally feed one another to harold in a half an hour. Skill is not needed to win a game in this version of the map.
 [sT]thunderbird

Gönderildi 18/04/2013 - 21:01
SaV_Coach wrote:
What I dont understand is why do you feel the need to "balance" the map. The edits to the map have made rambit a completely different map from how it started. It took skill the get enough kills and razes to get a hero that you would then fight with to win the game. Now people all buy vills and pally feed one another to harold in a half an hour. Skill is not needed to win a game in this version of the map.

just one question...Who do you play against?
and it seems like you got a problem with people style of playing than the map itself...i dont encounter this feeding pals problem anymore than i did while playing 2011v2
 SaV_Coach

Gönderildi 18/04/2013 - 21:06
Wow... A lot of comments. I'll get to these maybe Friday. Have a busy coupl days with school and now a new puppy in the apartment.

I'll probably never touch the 10th map. I never played it and I know I couldn't resist the urge to change things if I edited it, then I'd probably go through a lengthy process again with gold trying to get it perfect and I just don't want to. 10th just seems grossly unbalanced to me.

10th is a very balanced map. Weaker civs get extra kings at the start, and if the player is decent at all will be hero early. Aztec and Vike for example are mart/subo in the first 10-15 of the game if the player has a clue.

123[4]56789101112
46 60 arasından ilk 177 - 0 görüntüleniyor
Foruma Git:
1 Kullanıcı(lar) Bu sayfaya bakıyor (30 dakika içinde)
0 üye, 1 ziyaretçi

What's popular right now: